Community First Foundation has been connecting donors and innovative Colorado nonprofits since 1975. As the community foundation serving Jefferson County, we are committed to activating ideas, people and resources so that all Jeffco communities have the opportunity to thrive. We help donors with philanthropic planning, support nonprofits with grants and resources, and together, build resilient and connected communities. Our work is rooted in radical listening and a commitment to equity and inclusion. We like trying new things so let’s dream big and make something better today!
VP of Business Development and Community Engagement
As the Vice President of Business Development and Community Engagement, you are more than just a fund-raiser or salesperson. Your work is to educate, activate and inspire donors. This means finding ways to engage new and potential donors (individual and organizational) to the Foundation, our strategy and the causes they care about. You’ll also get creative, looking at new services, products or even business lines that will delight donors and deliver on our mission.
Are you happiest when you throw away the cookie-cutter and instead create real, customized solutions and connections? Are you into helping people and organizations identify their passion and then working with them to make good possible? Do you like turning ideas into action? If so, please read on as this may be just the job for you.
Take a social entrepreneurial approach to elevate the current fundraising products to the next level:
- Create and maintain a positive impact in the community by educating, activating and influencing where and how donors give
- Cultivate, nurture and serve as the relationship manager for a portfolio of donors and prospective donors to educate, activate and influence current and legacy giving
- Develop team members both individually and collectively as a team
- Anticipate and respond to trends in fundraising, philanthropy and our community’s attitudes toward giving
- Provide exceptional service to other employees, donors and nonprofit partners
- Optimize existing products and services for donors
- Develop strategies for assessing customer needs and position existing or develop products/services as solutions
- Identify new solutions that meet the evolving needs of donors
- Lead the development and deployment of these new solutions, programs and products to fulfill the company’s mission and revenue goals
- Develop and maintain relationships with community partners such as financial advisors, wealth managers and estate attorneys to grow connections and facilitate partnerships to fulfill our mission, drive community engagement and meet revenue goals
- Develop, test and scale products, services and/or lines of business, including funds and endowments, for individual donors and organizations that promote philanthropy and community engagement
- Connect donors to our work as well as the work of partners through events, special funds and other ways to give and engage
- Identify and develop ideas, including speakers and attendees, for strategic communications, thought-leadership pieces and unique and interesting events to educate, activate and influence donors
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 15 years of related business development, fundraising, financial planning or community foundation experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess advanced strategic thinking for a wide range of intellectual and practical problems; can assess and determine when a product or service is worth pursuing based on potential revenue and mission-alignment
- Knowledge of donor attributes of various ages and income levels
- Highly skilled in technology and data to monitor effectiveness
- Skilled in relationship development for engaging and long-lasting connections
- Ability to proactively problem solve; be resourceful, and forward thinking
- Proficient in financial and wealth planning strategies; knowledge of complex gifts
- Bilingual Spanish and English a plus
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation of $147K - $156K base + up to 15% bonus and an extensive benefits package including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) / retirement plan
- 401(k) employer matching
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Employee assistance program
- Paid family leave
- Professional development assistance
- Paid holidays
- Remote work / telecommuting options
- Workplace perks
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including dental, vision, retirement and 100% employer-paid medical. All employees are eligible for an annual bonus, professional development education and flexible work schedules. We are also conveniently located on the G-line in Old Town Arvada. Oh, and we’re pretty fun so we think you’ll like working with us.
By now you’re at the bottom of this job posting so chances are you’re probably interested in this role. If you’re hesitant because you don’t meet every requirement, but you think you’re a fit, please give it a shot and apply.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
You are valued and you belong. We are committed to maintaining the best possible environment for our employees where people can show up as their authentic selves and grow with the Foundation. We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive workplace and we can only achieve this together.
In that spirit, we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetics, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.