Since 1975, Community First Foundation has been helping generous donors and innovative nonprofits come together to improve the quality of life and create positive change in Jefferson County, the Denver metropolitan area and beyond. We serve as a connector, partner, collaborator and resource to fuel the power of community for the greater good. We are proud to use our energy, leadership and trusted stewardship of financial resources to energize giving across our state, strengthen nonprofits, support donors and find new ways to address community needs. For more information, visit www.CommunityFirstFoundation.org.
Philanthropy and Communications Assistant
To Apply: https://j.brt.mv/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27236936&portalGK=9134
This position reports directly to the Director of Philanthropic Services and provides administrative support to the Director of Philanthropic Services and the Director of Communications. Additionally, a portion of time will be allocated to serving as a member of the Administrative Support Team. Essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serves as assistant and supports the Director of Philanthropic Services with projects/duties as assigned, such as scheduling meetings, calendar coordination, submit and track expenses and P.O.’s, and managing the timely flow of departmental communications.
- Assists with departmental projects such as adding notes to Raiser’s Edge, providing customer service to donors and nonprofits, scanning and filing prospect and donor back-up, handling periodic mailings, assembling marketing packets, and contacting prospects, donors and nonprofit endowment partners.
- Supports the Philanthropic Services department and the following groups: Philanthropic Services Committee, Professional Advisor Council, and the Board Alumni Council, including coordination of meetings, scheduling, room set-up, transcription of meeting minutes, distribution of materials, following-up on action items.
- Serves as lead and communications liaison for Philanthropic Services events, includes coordination of all the components of an event, from registration to day-of logistics.
- Supports the Director of Communications with projects/duties as assigned including scheduling meetings and helping manage director’s calendar, distributing meeting agendas and handouts and ensuring meeting rooms are set up and required technical equipment is in good working order. Other duties include taking meeting notes and minutes, coordinating giveaway ordering and tracking inventory, tracking and submitting expenses, P.O.’s and vendor contracts, and proofing and distributing reports and presentations.
- Supports the Communications Department with outreach, including proofing collateral, presentations and other communications tools; maintaining marketing collateral and ensuring adequate supplies are on hand; printing additional supplies when needed; and creating surveys, reports and spreadsheets, such as a report of news coverage.
- Assists Office Manager by serving as a member of the Administrative Support Team. These duties include serving as back up for the front desk, and meeting space administrator, as needed to cover breaks, lunches and absences.
- Responsible for special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Prior administrative experience preferred, in a nonprofit setting desirable.
- Customer service/donor relations experience a plus.
- Comfort level with interacting with the public and volunteers.
- Spanish language skills a plus.
- Working proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to learn new databases as required, such as Raiser’s Edge.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and abilities.
- Excellent planning and execution skills.
- Ability to independently organize work and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate effective communication and responsive to customers/clients.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Skilled in proofreading, editing, composing, rewriting and reformatting.
- Support Community First Foundation’s Vision and Mission.
- Maintain confidentiality of all business/work information.
- Demonstrate the ability to function successfully in a team environment.
- Professional office environment
- Physical demands may involve lifting materials and equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Workload may be stressful due to deadlines and changing priorities.
- Extended periods of sitting at a computer in an open office environment.
- Our commitment to your success is enhanced by competitive compensation and a benefits package that includes a retirement plan, 100% employer-paid medical and a potential annual bonus. We foster an environment where people can learn and grow with the Foundation. We strive to provide a diverse, collaborative and creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
*Please note that Community First Foundation’s recruiting and application processing is being performed through Insperity; therefore, you will be contacted by an Insperity Recruiting Specialist IF and when you are considered for this position. Please do not contact Community First Foundation.*
Community First Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.