Digital Communication Specialist
Community First Foundation
|Since 1975, Community First Foundation has been helping generous donors and innovative nonprofits come together to improve the quality of life and create positive change in Jefferson County, the Denver metropolitan area and beyond. We serve as a connector, partner, collaborator and resource to fuel the power of community for the greater good. We are proud to use our energy, leadership and trusted stewardship of financial resources to energize giving across our state, strengthen nonprofits, support donors and find new ways to address community needs. For more information, visit CommunityFirstFoundation.org.
Digital Communication Specialist
As the Digital Communications Specialist, you are an essential part of the Communications Team. Reporting to the Communications Director, we will rely on you to help create and implement organizational digital communications plans that align with the Foundation’s mission and brand.
- Digital Campaigns - Create online/ multi-channel communication campaigns to drive brand awareness of the Foundation and achieve programmatic goals. This includes all facets of a campaign, from overall strategy to actual design of email, blog and social media assets.
- Social Media - Manage social media channels. Create strategies, campaigns, content, content calendars and graphics for social media. Stay abreast of social media trends and make recommendations for improvement. Analyze and potentially implement new social media channels as needed.
- Company Website - Manage the Foundation’s website (CommunityFirstFoundation.org), including engagement strategy and content development. Manage vendors, ensure timely updates, track analytics and implement improvements.
- eNewsletters - Serve as primary administrator for MyEmma. Assign roles and permissions; manage file naming conventions, etc. Audit email tactics and make recommendations for optimization. Create templated emails for other communications professionals. Design and draft emails, invitations and other emails as needed.
- Video - Direct video projects for various Foundation programs and incorporate into communication strategy.
- Blog - Manage the blog as part of the overall digital content experience. Create articles or assign to staff as appropriate.
- Campaign Data - Use data to create final campaign reports and inform decisions. Utilize metrics-based reporting to analyze, assess and adjust digital tactics/content if needed.
- Team Collaboration - Work closely with a talented group of communications, fundraising, and program professionals to identify content for the organization’s digital communication campaigns.
- Analytics - Track analytics, implement improvements and develop content for the donor and nonprofit partner portal (iCommunity).
- Communications - Serve as primary communications contact/strategist for at least one team within the organization, such as Community Impact. Manage co-department meetings for this team and serve as a lead for their communication projects, which may include print collateral.
- Special Projects - Assist with special projects and other duties beyond those described above, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience directly working with digital communications channels including websites, newsletters and social media.
- Minimum 3 years of experience creating emails and email campaigns within MyEmma or similar platform. Experience using automation, segmentation and workflows within MyEmma is a big plus.
- Experience with WordPress or similar CMS.
- Some knowledge of HTML.
- Experience using Google Analytics and social media intelligence tools to analyze digital performance.
- Solid understanding of digital design and production.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of video design and production.
- Understanding of Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Experience with social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and retirement plan. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the Foundation. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please go to:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.