Community Impact, Business Development, & ColoradoGives
Who is Community First?
Community First Foundation has been connecting donors and innovative Colorado nonprofits since 1975. As the community foundation serving Jefferson County, we are committed to activating ideas, people and resources so that all Jeffco communities have the opportunity to thrive. We help donors with philanthropic planning, support nonprofits with grants and resources, and together, build resilient and connected communities. Our work is rooted in radical listening and a commitment to equity and inclusion. We like trying new things so let’s dream big and make something better today!
About the Position
As the Administrative Assistant supporting 3 departments at Community First Foundation, you will gain a broad knowledge around how the Foundation operates, interact with donors and nonprofits, as well as helping the organization with its fundraising efforts. Your efforts will be making an impact in your community!
To be successful in this role, you need to have a keen eye for the details. You are someone who can listen to a conversation and pick up on all the details and follow up action items. You ensure we never miss a beat. You can keep our departments organized and prepared for important meetings. In fact, you’ve a knack for anticipating what other people need before they do. If you are happiest when you’re behind the scenes, keeping the gears moving and making sure deadlines aren’t missed, please read on as this may be just the job for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with special events planning, logistics, preparation, and execution.
- Assist with webinar facilitation
- Assist department heads with scheduling meetings, including related tasks like agenda preparation, technology configuration, meeting notes, action items, and contact maintenance.
- Write, proofread, edit and send correspondence including emails, presentations, agendas, and other types of communication as requested.
- Prepare expense reports and budget tracking
- Organize physical and digital files
- Answer phone calls; routing callers to the appropriate party and responding to basic inquiries to provide resolution to donors and nonprofits.
- Serve as receptionist by greeting and assisting visitors
- Coordinate travel arrangements for department heads, including event registration and lodging.
- Anticipate the needs of department heads to ensure work is accomplished
- Coordinate special projects and any other administrative tasks as directed by department heads
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to understand and follow a range of directions
- Both reliable and dependable
- Highly organized with attention to details and timeliness
- Can anticipate needs, adapt to changing priorities and multiple demands within short timeframes
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Education, Experience, and Certificates
- High School diploma or equivalent years of experience required
- Some experience in customer service, administrative duties, and/or collaboration with different teams
Benefits and Perks:
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation of $42K - $47K, depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) / retirement plan
- 401(k) employer matching
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Employee assistance program
- Paid family leave
- Professional development assistance
- Paid holidays
- Remote work / telecommuting options
- Workplace perks
We are also conveniently located on the G-line in Old Town Arvada. Oh, and we’re pretty fun so we think you’ll like working with us.
By now you’re at the bottom of this job posting so chances are you’re probably interested in this role. If you’re hesitant because you don’t meet every requirement, but you think you’re a fit, please give it a shot and apply to: https://j.brt.mv/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27623701
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
You are valued and you belong. We are committed to maintaining the best possible environment for our employees where people can show up as their authentic selves and grow with the Foundation. We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive workplace and we can only achieve this together.
In that spirit, we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetics, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.